Under the impact of the Covid pandemic, the world economy has been seriously affected after many decades. Business investment activities are also partly interrupted. For reasonable policies and a stable environment, Vietnam is still one of the countries attracting a lot of foreign investment. Every year, Thai Nguyen attracts a large number of foreign investors to invest and develop. The investment registration agency also receives hundreds of applications for investment registration certificates from foreign investors.
When reality changes the project, is this necessary to carry out procedures to change the investment registration certificate? How is the process? The following article will answer this question.
When to change the Investment Registration Certificate (IRC)?
First of all, it is necessary to understand some basic concepts:
– Business investment is the investment by an investor to carry out business activities.
– Foreign investor means an individual with foreign nationality or an organization established under foreign law that conducts business investment activities in Vietnam.
– Following the provisions of Clause 1, Article 37 of the Law on Investment 2020, an investment project of a foreign investor or a foreign-invested organization holding 50% or more of the charter capital is necessary to apply the IRC. (except for investment in the form of capital contribution, share purchase, capital contribution).
– The IRC includes: Name of the investment project; Investors; Investment project code; Location of implementation of the investment project, area of land to be used; Objectives and scale of investment projects; Investment capital of the investment project (including fund contributed by investors and mobilized fund); Operation period of the investment project; Investment project implementation progress; Forms of investment incentives and support and bases and conditions for application (if any); Conditions for investors implementing investment projects (if any).
Except for the project code, which contains a series of numbers automatically generated by the National Investment Information System and recorded in the IRC. When the investor makes any changes need to do procedures for changing the IRC.
What are the documents required to change the investment registration certificate?
– In case of changing the name of the investment project, the name of the investor
+ A request form for adjustment of investment project (under the form prescribed in Circular 03/2021/TT-BKHDT)
Documents related to the change of the name of the investment project, the name of the investor
– The remaining case
+ A written request for adjustment of the investment project;
+ Report on the implementation of the investment project up to the time of adjustment;
+ Investor’s decision on the adjustment of an investment project for institutional investors;
+ Explain or provide documents related to the adjustment (if any).
What agency does the procedure for changing the investment certificate in Thai Nguyen?
- Enterprises shall carry out procedures for changing the investment registration certificate at the Management Board of industrial parks, export processing zones, high-tech zones, and economic zones, for investment projects in industrial parks, export processing zones, high-tech zones, economic zones
- Enterprises shall carry out procedures for changing investment registration certificates at the Department of Planning and Investment for investment projects outside industrial parks, export processing zones, high-tech zones, and economic zones.
- The investment registration agency where the investor implements the investment project, locates or plans to set up an executive office for the implementation of the investment project, issues, adjusts, and revokes the Investment Registration Certificate to the investor. with the following investment projects:
- a) Investment projects implemented in 02 or more provincial-level administrative units;
- b) Investment projects implemented inside and outside industrial parks, export processing zones, high-tech zones, and economic zones;
- c) Investment projects in industrial parks, export processing zones, hi-tech zones, economic zones where the management board of industrial parks, export processing zones, hi-tech zones, economic zones has not been established or is not under the management of the Management Board of industrial parks, export processing zones, high-tech zones and economic zones.